Prayer to the Holy Spirit: Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and kindle in them the fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created. And you shall renew the face of the earth. O God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that by the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever rejoice in His consolations, through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Steps for forming your own MISSION group:
1. Consider whether you might be called to host or co-host with another person a MISSION group. If you feel called to host, do not be afraid! The host simply needs to set up the meeting space and make sure the interested persons have the time and location information. On the date of the meeting, the host will lead the group using the basic guidelines which are provided here. The host does not have to be a teacher, but simply a facilitator of the group.
2. If you do not feel called to host a group, consider if there is a group naturally forming among the members of your family, within your parish, within a group of friends or co-workers, or your table members (if you have just participated in a DISICPLE program at your parish).
3. Reach out to your DISCIPLE group, friends, family or fellow parishoners and discuss whether or not this could be something that God is calling you to.
4. Choose a date, time, and location for the first meeting. If you want to, select a name for your new group. It could be a saint name, virtue, or other religious name.
5. Exchange names and phone numbers with the members of your new group. Pray for one another!